The Deadline to Submit an Application for the 2018 Award is October 18, 2018!
Scholarship Program Guidelines
The purpose of the scholarship program is to encourage and enable deserving and interested persons to pursue a career in a health profession.
Any individual may apply who has been accepted for admission to an accredited nursing or allied health program. These disciplines are designated by the Scholarship Committee and periodically reviewed. The scholarship will only be awarded if the individual will be attending as a full-time student. Generally, the scholarship will not be awarded for a degree program which enhances the applicant’s credentials (example: ADN nurse pursuing BSN) but does not substantially expand the scope of the applicant’s job duties or abilities. Preference will be given to students pursuing their degree in a North Carolina program.
NCAHCR Board and Scholarship Committee family member(s) are ineligible for the scholarship.
A program from a properly accredited institution which leads to an associate’s, baccalaureate, master’s or doctorate degree in a health field.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,500.
The process of applying for scholarship is as follows:
1. Complete the Scholarship Application Program (directly linked at the end of these guidelines).
2. Upload the below documents at the time of application submission. All parts of the completed application must be submitted electronically.
- Proof of acceptance into the program in the form of a formal letter of acceptance from the institution or a letter of verification from the Program Chairman.
- A minimum of two (2) appropriate recommendations. Recommendations may be from high school teachers in the case of a new graduate; college instructors for students enrolled in a degree program; or current/previous employer. Personal reference from friends or family are not sufficient (submit and attach all references to the application at time of submission).
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent official high school/college transcript.
The application and supporting documentation will be reviewed by a committee who will approve or disapprove the application at their discretion.
All candidates and the recipient will receive notification of the committee’s final decision.
Upon approval of the application, the President of NCAHCR will request a check, payable to the recipient from the treasurer. The President will also coordinate the presentation of the check.
Applications must be completed and submitted by October 18, 2018. Incomplete applications will not receive consideration.
TAXABLE NATURE OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS:
It shall be the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to report the receipt of such funds, as necessary for income tax purposes.
NCAHCR Scholarship Application
Please use the page selector at the top of the form to navigate to the next page.